Our books site has kept us busy and away from this blog for almost a month and we are glad to be back with an announcement for a fabulous event started by Blogger Siri – Healing foods. Indeed, the right food can nurture, heal and keep us fit. Reminds us of the wisdom of Charaka as quoted in “Sukham Ayu”, our Ayurvedic cookbook – “Food when consumed without thought can be poisonous. The same when eaten with discrimination is the nectar of life.”
We are delighted to host this month’s event and our theme for healing foods is: SUKHAM COOLERS. In this scorching summer heat, what can be more ideal than preparing juices & mocktails as the perfect Summer Drinks to soothe the body and nurture the heart.
Some Do’s and Dont’s to ensure that the preparations are in the spirit of “Sukham” which simply means well-being:
1) Avoid refined, canned & frozen foods.
2) Only vegetarian preparations pls – not even eggs
3) Don’t mix sour foods and milk as they are considered incompatible.
4) State the health benefit of some ingredients you have used.
Here are some simple rules of participation:
1) Create a summer drink which is soothing & cooling and post the same in your blog. Non-Bloggers can send their recipes with the details mentioned below to the same email address.
2) Please link this announcement and Siri’s original healing foods events page in your posts. Usage of the logo is optional.
3) Multiple entries are more than welcome – more the merrier!
4) Send your details – Name, Recipe URL and Photo (any size, optional) to email@example.com before May 28th 2011, midnight.
5) You can send previously blogged entries, provided they are re-posted!
And to make this event special, Siri is sponsoring both our vegetarian cookbooks to 2 lucky dip winners from among the participants. Both books will be shipped to any place, so bloggers across the globe can participate.
Looking forward to some soothing, healing & creative Sukham Coolers,
Jigyasa & Pratibha